Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De profundis (or: How Iggy drives me crazy)
OK. One has to eat and therefore, one has to work. And sometimes you're not so busy, and sometimes you have an awful lot to do. And currently I am very, very occupied. So far, so good. I can live with that.

But why is it that Iggy & The Stooges have decided to reunite and will visit Holland right now? For a quarter of a century, I've wanted to see and hear them; now they are here, and I will not be there. Sad evil:

Looking at the bright side: this settles an old question that has caused much debate. Yes, there must be some sort of supernatural being ruling this earth. And it appears to be very, very evil. :wink:
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
and Massive Attack, i'm listening to them right now..... :wink:
I agree, sometimes life can be so damn annoying and I question WHY at times???
Can't you take just enough time off to go and see Iggy...?
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:Can't you take just enough time off to go and see Iggy...?
No, because I'm in Mainz and will also visit the Saalburg. So I admit that I have no right to complain.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I've got a feast or famine job, can be twiddling my thumbs for ages and ages, but as soon as I try to do something worthwhile, BANG! Cancel everything.

You're right Jona.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:but as soon as I try to do something worthwhile, BANG!
That's easy then. As soon as famine strikes, do something worthwhile... :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Therein lies the problem. You're usually recovering from minimum sixteen hour days, seven days a week, quite often sleeping on the office floor. By the time you're compus mentis again you've only just started to do something you've been wanting to do for ages. Then BANG! :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I know the feeling.
I'm about to start a new job 35 miles from home, with no public transport link, and my car has just fallen apart.

I think it's called Sod's Law.
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CRAZY COALMINE PhilusEstilius 1 984 02-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Last Post: 66kbm
  Crazy squirrel! ParthianBow 2 987 08-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Nearco