Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marathon 2011
Kalimera Dienekes

I will be in Athens on Friday 18th - Sunday 20th July to see my good friend Stephanos. We will be having a chat about this event and the way forward then...... Nice cold Mythos perhaps????

Mark
Noli Nothis permittere te terere!!

Mark.
Hey Mark.!

Yes i'll possibly be available those days.
Friday would be great.
I would love to have a chat for the event and meet you.!
Cold Mythos is fine!! Big Grin

We will be in contact.
I'll send you priv.message.
I'll contact Stefanos too.

Dienekes
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.koryvantes.org/">http://www.koryvantes.org/ . <a class="postlink" href="http://www.horsebackarcherygr.com/">http://www.horsebackarcherygr.com/ .
Quote:Kalimera Dienekes

I will be in Athens on Friday 18th - Sunday 20th July to see my good friend Stephanos. We will be having a chat about this event and the way forward then...... Nice cold Mythos perhaps????

Mark

Lucky dog!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hey Byron!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are in Crete and Athens from the end of this week until 30th so plenty of time to raise a cold one to you mate!!!!!!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

See you at Dover mush!!

Mark

Mark.
There is an attempt for a minor event in Corinthos.
It will be with connection of the local authorities.
If it works we will promote Marathon too.

Best!
Have a good trip, Marcus! And a good planning meeting, gentlemen!

And don't forget to tell us what was decided!
Qui plus fait, miex vault.
Whoaahh there Chris mate!!

Will only be chatting through ideas and thoughts at this stage my friend. All the logistical red tape needs to be sorted before we can make any plans or descisions :wink:

We all need to bear in mind what Stephanos keeps saying - slowly, slowly, push, push and hopefully we'll have an event that we will all be proud to be part of and remember fully backed by the Greek Authorities.

Anything you would like me to bring up when chatting please email or PM me and I will gladly take forward.

kind regards and thanks for the good wishes.

Mark

Mark.
Quote:Hey Byron!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are in Crete and Athens from the end of this week until 30th so plenty of time to raise a cold one to you mate!!!!!!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

See you at Dover mush!!

Mark

:evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: Hope you have a good time!

Wish I was going, I feel the need for 2 weeks of sun, and Athens is the place for me!

All the best, and see you both in Dover!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Wow I missed a lot.
Veni Vidi Vici

Regards,
John Abbate

1. Hello.

2. Do I know you?

3. There is no 3. Mysterious!
Stumbled accross this. In 2005, the Florida Pan Lakonian Association put up a concept to recreate and reenact the 300 Spartan marching with historically fully armed hoplites from the city of Sparta to Thermopylae once a year. Along the route educational stops would inform the people of the event and the significance of the battle for the world history. The march was meant to culminate in Thermopylae with a dedication of a wreath. Donors were needed to raise money for each of the Hoplite panoplies. t was also suggested that the donor’s name would be inscribed on a proposed monument to be erected in Sparta. This was discussed with Mr. Konstantinos Fourkas, The Governor of Laconia.

[url:alqqj14z]http://the300immortals.com/home.html[/url]

Does anyone know if the concept got up? Rather than have donors supplying cash for the panoply, reenactors could bring their own!
Peter Raftos
Interesting idea...
Veni Vidi Vici

Regards,
John Abbate

1. Hello.

2. Do I know you?

3. There is no 3. Mysterious!
Marcus or Stefanos, could we have a report from your meeting?
OK I stand by all I have posted so far.
Ii was a good thing that BBC showed spots from Nemea 2008.

Guys from "Ares Anax" will have a memorial to the fallen at Thermopylae but I doubt if the authorities will be present.
"Spartiatikes Mores" will try to get involved in an official event at Korinthos with the aim to promote Marathon 2011.

Keep fingers crossed ang by the end of this automn I might be able to tell if we can involve an international organization in to this.
What we need is if we can get at least one of our member in a majot international event in 2009 or 2010 to have something to show in the portfolio of activities.

Be reserved if you listen to people promising you things. Talk is easy.
We will keep pushing and see how it develops.

As I said push push shove till it goes down

Kind regards
Stefanos--I hear what you are saying. And I'm happy to help push!

Also I'll note that a lot of people on this list have pretty wide portfolios of international events. If that's the sticking point, I suspect the Marcus's group alone has a docket of them. I do, too. In the UK, Canada, and US, specially, we're all used to working directly with governments, and we have pretty good credentials.
Anyone know if the UN or EU have heritage money or cultural awareness stuff that could support this?
UN affiliate organizations have the cash.
EU has also funds for culture.
The issue is how to approach them.
You need to built your connections or you will be talking to deaf ears.

If we raise some of our own cash we need to sent at least one of our members to international event. Last time it was 2006 at Watford but we need something fresh to show to VIPs. I see a better chance that we go to Spain or UK because it is unlikely for the time being to cross the oceans.

Best