Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carthaginian officer (405 bC)
Hi guys!

What do you think about this carthaginian high officer? He could be a recruiter Apestalmenoi sent to the iberian Peninsula to get iberian mercenaries for the V-IV cent. b C. carthaginian army of Sicilia.
We made it for the recent Xth Tarraco Viva Festival.
Still we have to get a xiphos for him, but meanwhile... what do you think about him? What do you think we can meliorate?

[Image: HPIM9609.jpg]

and also

[Image: HPIM9618-1.jpg]

The thracian helmet is the same I showed to you recently: http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic. ... ian+helmet

P. S. Thank you very much for your commments Fernando, we were glad to see you in Tarraco again.
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
Thank you!

Yes, I changed the cheeckpieces, and now they close as a Corinthian Helmet. As soon as I can, I'll put some photos here.
The brass Aspis (and every brass element, including the cuirass with silver nipples) was made by Fernando Garreta, the last Catalonian brass artisan ( www.fernandogarreta.com ).
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
Jose

Lovley kit great work

Craig G
Great costume, I'd say it's about perfect.
Veni Vidi Vici

Regards,
John Abbate

1. Hello.

2. Do I know you?

3. There is no 3. Mysterious!
Excellent :!: The cheek pieces look much better now! The best thracian helmet,I think,nobody has made one.The cuirass is perfect too,and...the shield Confusedhock: It's great! How much did every piece of it cost?
And please post more photos.Laudes
khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
fine helmet! But the shield... it must be the best i have ever seen! Can you post some pics of interior as well and write some words about its construction?
LAUDES
aka Yannis
----------------
Molon lave
The shield! Oh, yeah, that's where I'm going! (I hope.) That is a beautiful thing!
Cheryl Boeckmann
LAUDES, your look is great!! Have you thought about attaching a crest for the helmet? the look should be even more impressive Big Grin

What kind of sword used Carthaginians in this period? a xyfos, kopis.. maybe a falcata?
Javier Sánchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
How'd you manage to make it look like the officer actually stabbed the guy?
Veni Vidi Vici

Regards,
John Abbate

1. Hello.

2. Do I know you?

Great kit!

I agree, tha tis the best aspis I have seen, and makes me think of the
one in the Agora museum in Athens. Well what it probably looked like in my mind that is! Great work! Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
So...shiny!!but very impressive i love the emblem on the aspis Confusedhock: Confusedhock: .Quite an amazing effort put in.I salute you sir.
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Laudes from me too,

Is it a professioal secret how he fit metal on wood?

Kind regards
Oh yeah forgot to give him a laude..all sorted now.

john id say that guy just has the spear under his arm.
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.

Ah thanks Michael. That would explain it.
Veni Vidi Vici

Regards,
John Abbate

1. Hello.

2. Do I know you?

No problem,though i would be tempted to suffer a disembowelling just to get close to that outfit,god its something else.