Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Welcome comilitones!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Hello everyone.I'm John W. Akers from Indiana in the USA. I wish I'd given myself a Roman name when I joined! Can anyone tell me if I can edit my Profile to do so?
I've been interested in History ever since I was a lad.One of my earliest memories is of the old"Classics Illustrated" comic book version of Caesar's" Gallic War".Any old timers remember those comics?
I watched all the Sword & Sandal movies too.
When I was a teenager I found an abridged edition of Gibbon in my school library.That started a 30 year interest in the Late Roman Empire.
I have a Bachelor's degree in Education.Social Studies of course!
I'm a miniature wargamer w/ Late Roman,Germanic,Hunnic,Romano-British,Pictish & Scots-Irish armies all in variuos stages of completion.
I'm glad to have found this site of like minded enthusiasts.
Hi John,
Welcome to RAT, hope you'll have fun here. Sorry, it's not possible to change your name, without me going straigth into the database and I'd rather not do that.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hello everybody.
My name is Nico and I'm coming from Belgium.
I'm a moderator at Forvm Ancient Coins http://www.forumancientcoins.com/ .
I'm a collector of greek, roman and byzantine coins.
I try to focus on the coins of Caracalla.
3rd century is my favourite century in roman history.
I'm going to try to reenact a legionair from the beginning of this century.
Grtz,
Nico
sseverus
Nico Creces
Flandres
Hi Nico,
Welcome to the forum! 3rd century hah? It's certainly an interesting period!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
First: I´sorry for my Style in the english language.
I´m from Germany und join roman-reenactment for some jears now. My spezial intrest are clothes and textil technices.
Projekte zur lebendigen Geschichte e.V.
Sylvia Crumbach
Welcome, Meles. I look forward to talking textiles.

May I ask what part of Germany?
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
From Duisburg, in the beautiful landscape called "Ruhrgebiet" Tongue
Projekte zur lebendigen Geschichte e.V.
Sylvia Crumbach
Welcome, Meles! Big Grin
Great to have an expert on textiles with us. I am also interested on them and more on the actual finished garments!
BTW, would you mind to sign with at least your first name? Forum rules... 8)
Thanks!

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Welcome,Meles.I hope you enjoy the forum. A knowledge of textiles will be an asset to all of us. I look forward to your input. Big Grin
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Welcome Meles! What's your re-enactment goup? Do you have a web page?
Ivan Perelló
Salve Meles,

very nice to meet another RAT-member from my hometown - now we are at least three. I am living on the Burgfeld west from the Rhine not far from the area where in former times the castellum Asciburgium was lying. Do You have founded an own new reenactment group? As far as I know the nearest one is Römerkohorte Opladen. Are You also interested in figure collecting?

Greets from Rheinhausen - Uwe
Greets - Uwe
Greetings all.
My name is Keith Hendry, I am 38 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia.
I have been reading at an amateur level for a number of years since I first saw the
opening scenes from Gladiator (no laughing now) and wanting to learn if the opening
battle scene was realistic and if not why! My interest in Rome and her Army stems from
wanting to understand more on how the troops functioned in battle, the equipment and
tactics involved. I am fascinated by the Varus disaster and have bought a number of
books on this event and the period up to 100AD. I have been lurking here for a while
now and have decided to take the plunge and get involved and more importantly getting
recommendations on the resources I should be looking at.

I would love to re enact this period (I am currently involved in Napoleonic Re-enacting
and greatly enjoy the experience) consequently I would be interested to learn if there
were any other Aussies in Victoria who have a similar interested in re enacting the
Legions.
Thanks for reading and I do look forward to chatting, corresponding and learning with
you all.
Regards,
Keith Hendry
Keith Hendry
Terra Australis.
Welcome Keith!

There's an Ausie Roman reenactment geoup, the LEGIO IX HISPANA http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/3296/ ain't sure what part of Australia they're from, but I think it's the nearest you have... :wink: Good luck!
Ivan Perelló
Hello Ivan.
Thanks for the information, will keep trying to get in touch with them.
Regards
Keith Hendry
Terra Australis.