Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Richard: Thank you! I'll look around on the Internet for them. If you find others around Louisville, Lexington, or Cincinnati, let me know please!

Robert: Done. :-) Thanks!
--
Gnaeus Caelius Ahenobarbus (Darin Arrick)
Gladiator (Thraex, Hoplomachus)
Seattle, WA, US
Quote:Robert: Done. :-) Thanks!
And you! :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hello. I'm Rushil(I'm pretty sure you won't be able to pronounce it in the first go. :lol: ). I'm from India. I came here for some sources for research, as I've been told that this was a pretty good place:-D. In particular, I'm looking for any source on The battle of Teutoburg Forest now.

I'm a huge TW fan, and I have to say that I'm being drawn to Japanese history a little bit more now.
I'll still be a Rome fan though. Big Grin

Feel free to send me a message on Total War Center or the Org. My username is LegolasGreenleaf on both sites(yes, I'm a LOTR fan too. :-) ) I look forward to meeting new people here. Big Grin
Rushil K.
Welcome, Rushil

I do believe a number of RAT members are knowledgeable on the Battle of Teutoburg Forest, in particular Quintius. Good luck in your research. :grin:
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
Thank you, appreciate the help. Big Grin
Rushil K.
- where are you from?
I live in the Rocky Mtns of the USA. Originally a CA girl.

- how'd you become interested in Rome?
I've always loved ancient and medieval history, and the Roman Empire is definitely one of the more interesting culture clashes ever. Confusedmile:

- why are you here?
Because this is pretty cool, and I'm doing a bit of side research for the film studio I work at.

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
I am actually a reenactor of (broadly) Crusades Era England, and I do mostly late 1100s or so. I've had friends who recreate various Roman Legions.
I work for a small film studio and I am here to get tips and read up on things Roman, as we'll be spending the next two years working on material set in and around Roman Palestine, first century AD.
My Name is Cody, I'm from Hyannis Massachusetts.
-I got into Rome because I've always loved military history, and something about the awe and efficiency of Roman military just got me hooked.
-I was originally here just to ask a question or two, but I now am here for the love of Rome.
-I study purely for an interest, though I'd like to do re-enacting in the future.
Salvete

A recent recruit to Cohors 1 Batavorum...and proud to be so.

I have been interested in Roman history and archaeology for well over 50 years and decided, finally, to enter re enactment.

Based in Norfolk, UK.

Jeremy
AKA M Flavius
Welcome Jeremy, to reenactment as well as the forum.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
I'm such a newbie I completely missed this subforum, my apologies to all...

I'm Rob Matthew, I'm an archaeology postgrad student at the University of Manchester with an interest in the Roman military of the Principate. Being thin and speccy I'm not really cut out for renactment but I do find the reconstructed outfits and weapons fascinating at an academic level so there is that!
Welcome to the forum Rob!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Belated brief intro: I'm from New England, USA and have been interested in Roman history--particularly the Imperial period--for over 25 years. Also like other aspects of history, and science etc.
Hi, I'm Jake.

I've been interested in the Roman military since a young age. I live in Ontario, Canada, near Toronto. I'm not involved in any reenacting right now, but I'd love to in the future.

I'm very excited to be part of this forum and I'm looking forward to posting more! Big Grin
Tim, as you may know there is a reenactment group, Legio III, in NewEngland.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:Tim, as you may know there is a reenactment group, Legio III, in NewEngland.

Thanks for the info. Smile