Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost or stolen (and maybe found)? Report it here!
Quote:I guess I reorganised things after an event
Good to hear they weren't stolen..
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yes, so am I!
Begining to lose trust in people as it is without suspicions being aroused by malicious rumours and my own absentmindness!
there are enough problems to deal with in life without the BS as well, but some people thrive on it I guess! :evil:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
[attachment=1763]301339_286673314681076_100000152283602_1440988_320431_n.jpg[/attachment]

ACHTUNG! Nach einem Einbruch am Wochenende 3./4.09.2011(München) wurde ein sehr wertvolles Schwert (germanische Spatha) eines Freundes entwendet. Die Spathaklinge besteht aus Damast, Gesamtlänge ca. 90 cm, der Griff ist aus dunklem Nussbaumholz, der Knauf bicolor (silber-bronze) und das Parier sind silbertauschiert. Schmiedemarke von Axon auf Bronzeplatte vom Parier. Die Spatha ist eine Rekonstruktion nach Grab Aubing 105 a. Bitte haltet die Augen und Ohren offen und leitet die Meldung weiter. Danke für Eure Unterstützung.

WARNING! After a housebreaking at the weekend 3.september 2011(Munich Germany) was a very valuable sword (Germanic spathe) of a friend's stolen.
The blade consists of damask, total length about 90 cm, the handle is made of dark nutwood, knob and parry are silver-bronze inlay. Forged trademark of Axon on bronze plate from the parry.
The spathe is a reconstruction of the grave Aubing 105 a. Please keep your eyes open and ears, and forwards the message. Thank you for your support.

ATTENZIONE! Questa spada è stata rubata (3./4.settembre 2011,a Monaco di Baviera, Germania ). Parler (intarsiato d'argento), rotonda bicolore (argento-bronzo intarsiato), impugnatura in noce, lunghezza 90 cm, lama damasco. Si prega di inoltrare. Grazie per il vostro aiuto

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
That would be very hard to miss!! Confusedhock:
Did it have a scabbard as well?
I hope it is tracked down for your friend!

Any images of the smiths mark?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Bummer.

I will keep my eyes and ears open. as I a not too far away from Munich.

Ich schaue rum.
Sulpicius Florus

(aka. Steve Thompson)

"What? this old Loculus? had it years dear."
"Vescere bracis meis" (eat my shorts)
I've been missing an identical broach to this one since I was with comitatus.
I have refrained from posting it here, as I have approached members of the group
To see if it, and a belt made by Brian Stobbs have appeared at any subsequent events.
As I tend to be pretty generous in loaning kit to fellow reenactors, I would appreciate
The same in reciprocation, as in helping find and return the items.
The belt is tinned, with the plates decorated with vine leaf patterns, as on the original find of the buckle,
on which it is based.

This is a photo of the original buckle, discovered by Brian, and now in the British museum.
The first Germanic buckle of its type and period found in the UK, in Northumberland.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel