Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protection!
Brick 
Don't worry it's free. I've installed some server-level code today to keep out hacking attempts, spambots and interesting characters like that. This may have side-effects... Please report any strange behaviour of the forum (not the members - we have mods for that). Thanks!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
This page (http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/myfbcon...tion=login) is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by Cloudflare | Hide this Alert
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Not related - in fact, the reason I installed this software is to prevent such situations. They are most likely related to bots coming by and trying to consume all content on the site at once, overloading the server.

--- edit ---
Just checked the logs. It appears Chinese IPs are the most common visitor here, outnumbering number 2 & 3 put together by a factor of 3. Can anybody say "Baiduspider"?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi Jasper

I've noticed that posts by Francis (Longovicium) in the 'Anastasian edict' thread are not showing up, or are only appearing after a delay of many hours.

This could well be happening to other people as well - could it be a side effect of the new protection system?
Nathan Ross
No, it's absolutely impossible those two are related. Francis' issues have been resolved. No others have been reported.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys