Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show here your Greek warrior impression
[Image: klaksiek1.jpg]
[Image: europeanwars.jpg]

Artur K. (KLA - modeller/skinner Total War mods; Ancient & 18th century soldiers)
Hi Artur!

Where did you get this great looking helmet, if I may ask?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Wargamers who attended IWF 2010 in Athens had the chance to see what is hidden behind the term "offensive spears":
...or what happens when the flank is turned:
courtesy of the renactors group "Kioryvantes"
Interesting, lookslike fun. Where abouts was this?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Pireus Prefecture gave the mltispace "APOLLO" to the gaming club "STRATEGIKON" for the IWF: http://strategikon.com/iwf2010.htm
"STRATEGIKON" were kind enough to invite us there.

Kind regards
Ah ok. I understand now, thanks. Still, what a great location. I quite liked Piraeus, even if it was a scorching 35 - 40 last time I was there!! Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi King Louse Assurbanipal!

that is the Deepeeka phrigian helmet polished, isn't it? looks really nicer than the original Big Grin
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
Quote:Hi King Louse Assurbanipal!

that is the Deepeeka phrigian helmet polished, isn't it? looks really nicer than the original Big Grin

How is it done? I want to do it to my helmet too!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
I received my DSC helmet and sandals. I'm very pleased with both. I have written more about them in the marketplace section,but here are some photos:
[Image: 4534394623_1c0eae5784.jpg] [Image: 4534400389_dcda02dce7.jpg] [Image: 4534389817_8042ef2a82.jpg]
Khairete
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Looks very good!

What is your headsize, Giannis?

Best regards,
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Thanks! My circumference is 58cm. I don't really know the lenght and width though. The illyrian is oblong enough,but it's not that it couldn't be a bit more. It doesn't cause me any problems though.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
Thanks for the info.

I'm more concerned about helmets being too big, not to small.
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
My helmet is certainly not too big for my head,and even though there seems to be a bit of space in either side of the top(which i cannot sense when wearing a cap), in the ears is very tight! My ears almost go our of the holes,without it pressing my head at all,so i guess it's ideal.
However,since this helmet is more open than the corinthian and most importantly since the "crawn" doesn't have the characteristic shape with the central ridge of the corinthian, lacing would be a good idea,and indeed most of the originals have two holes in the cheek guards.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wigs good for Greek hoplite impression? dienekes7 0 434 02-20-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: dienekes7
  Questions about Hellenistic Greek Thureophoros impression; in need of some advice. JanasAurora 3 4,500 06-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TemenosL.1991
  Show here your Byzantine warrior impression Robert Vermaat 86 82,342 10-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Folkert van Wijk