Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show here your Greek warrior impression
So thats how they did it..... Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I took my almost finished spolas for some outdoor photos today. It was a sunny day,not one of the hottest in summer,but hot enough! My spolas is very comfortable to wear,my sandals too. Running in them is as comfortable as with any other modern shoes,and even better since they're opened sandals with hobnails.
[Image: 4783627712_341a5d46a6.jpg] [Image: 4783064065_583bc01f7e.jpg] [Image: 4782835041_ce01d5e65d.jpg] [Image: 4783688580_a8b529be84.jpg]
I have said it before,if you're gonna pass through a forest of low trees such as olives, don't wear your crest! :wink:
Khairete
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Polemidas from Koryvantes as a Hoplite of the Athenian Boutade clan. Enjoy
I posted in the other thread photos of my just finished spolas,but here are some more atmospheric ones.
[Image: 4869475705_f3b669e0aa_b.jpg]
[Image: 4869470891_4c173a4a63_b.jpg]
[Image: 4869430883_ff44d86eda_z.jpg]

The photos were taken between the modern village of Doriskos and the hill where the ancient city was built on. Many thanks to my friend Kostas who took the photos.
Khairete
Giannis

PS. I just noticed that in the last photo there are some modern aspects visible on the horizon.If someone with photoshop skills could erase them...
Giannis K. Hoplite
Quote:I posted in the other thread photos of my just finished spolas,but here are some more atmospheric ones.
[singing]I'm a poor lonesome hoplite, and along long way from home[/singing] Big Grin
Great pictures! Great armour!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Nice work with the twilight shots Giannis ,Gods i love this thread 8)
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
Quote:[singing]I'm a poor lonesome hoplite, and along long way from home[/singing] Big Grin
Great pictures! Great armour!
LoL! If only i was wearing a petassos! :lol:
Quote:Nice work with the twilight shots Giannis ,Gods i love this thread 8)
Now this is something! The utmost proof that you liked it :wink:
Thanks for the comments!
Khairete
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
Yep !Twilight Hoplite ..very cool ,Giannis could you post a picture of the inside now that it is finished . 8) cheers dave.
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
It makes a rhime! i will take photos of the inside later and will post them in the spolas construction thread.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
I know not where to post it
I hope it is right here

I work for some time on my Persian representation.A Takabare 400 BC.It still lacks some things but I think my presentation of a Persian Takabara is already presentable.

[Image: persergewand4.jpg]

I hope my presentation will have to complete this year
Looking Great Renger . posting it here may be better ,your making the Greeks worry Big Grin //www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25673">viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25673<!-- l
Thank`s barcid

Giannis,you looks absolutely brilliant.
Thanks much! I'l love to be in an event with some Persians like you!
I wonder,shouldn't the chiton be a tad longer so it can be double belted in this fashion
[Image: 4733935015_17b4776151.jpg]
Is the tiara leather? I propose it is made with some softer matterial, much looser. In the Alexander mosaic they seem so loose similar to arabian mantles that just protect your face from the sun and the dust. In the Alex sarcophagus they seem a bit smaller,maybe,but still loose.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
Congratulations Giannis! Great impressions! the twilight pic is really nice. What measurements did you used for your chlamys? I'm trying to do one, but mine looks more like Clint Eastwood's poncho :oops:
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
Hello Nearco and many thanks for the comments.
I'm about 1,75m tall and my chlamys measurements are 1.90 x 1.05 m. There were longer and shorter types.
Giannis K. Hoplite

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wigs good for Greek hoplite impression? dienekes7 0 434 02-20-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: dienekes7
  Questions about Hellenistic Greek Thureophoros impression; in need of some advice. JanasAurora 3 4,503 06-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TemenosL.1991
  Show here your Byzantine warrior impression Robert Vermaat 86 82,354 10-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Folkert van Wijk