Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Conference November 17th-19th 2006
I would rather go to Epfach because that is a place I most likely won't have the chance to see again. But going to Munich on another occasion would be for all of us more likely.
Epfach or the Auerberg (or both?) would be quite cool, but we would need to hire a bus. No problem to do so, but I would need to know how many people exactly will come to the conference, which is quite difficlt to find out at the moment... :?

Or I can organize a city tour through Augsburg. The Fuggerei, Rathaus, and the Maximilianmuseum. However, this is all not so very Roman.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
The Maximilianmuseum is on my wishlist anyhow, because it has a painting of Conrad Peutinger (the man of the map). Still, ignore my wishes, because Marco and I will probably have to leave Sunday after lunch, because we have appointments in Amsterdam on Monday.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:Epfach or the Auerberg (or both?) would be quite cool, but we would need to hire a bus. No problem to do so, but I would need to know how many people exactly will come to the conference, which is quite difficlt to find out at the moment... :?

I would favor the Roman stuff esp. since I'm reading a rather old but nonetheless interesting book about that area, maybe you know it, Cai, it's called "Die Römer in Schwaben" and is the exhibition catalog for 2000th anniversary of Augsburg.

Why don't you ask everybody who'll come to send you a PN with his/her definite dates (arrival/departure) then you could plan more easily?
Unfortunately i will not be able to attend, though i would love to...

just spent a little too much on samurai equipment....

Wink

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
I booked now the hotel City Hotel Ost am Kö which was recommended not only by Caius/Christian but also by a business contact of the company I work for. The cost for a single room is EUR 59.00 incl. breakfast. They offer also non-smooking rooms.

FYI I'll arrive on the 17th in the afternoon and leave only on Monday morning so I'll attend the complete program of the conference. If somebody else is staying at the same hotel maybe they could send me a PM so we could arrange a meeting in the lobby and find together the way to the Andechser/König von Bayern :lol:
Well, is there any update on the conference?

Who is staying at which hotel?

Who will be coming?

Any updates on the programm?

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
alas, i can't make it. There was an unexpected bill today and i'm already on a tight budget.

Sorry. next time!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Sorry to hear that Jeroen!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I think to be able to join you!

I'm looking for an hotel. It seems Hotel Jakoberhof is cheap: only 26 (wc on the floor).
Anyone booked there?
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net
Hi,

Well I booked the same hotel as Medusa: the Top city Hotel Ost am Kö. I'll be staying until sunday afternoon. I'll be flying in on friday at Munich airport. I will be taking the train from there to Augsburg.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Greets,

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
I am sadly not going to be able to make it. Sad Despite the fact that I live with Jasper, I have to work and I'm using so many vacation days over Christmas that I can't even afford to take a Friday or Monday off to go to the conference.

However, that weekend is also Jasper's birthday, (the 19th) which I will also have to miss! So, I expect that everyone makes sure that he has an extra special time and a great party! Just because I'm not coming doesn't mean I won't hear about it later, so it had better be good... or else! :twisted:
-Christy Beall
Salve Luca,

Quote:I think to be able to join you!

I'm looking for an hotel. It seems Hotel Jakoberhof is cheap: only 26 (wc on the floor).
Anyone booked there?

I, too saw that it was cheap but followed Caius'/Christian's advice that it's not such a nice place so I booked the Cityhotel Ost am Kö which is a bit more expensive. Of course it all depends on your budget.

Vale and see you then at the conference,
Nothing new so far. Maybe another lecture.

Sunday noon we will decide what we will do in the afternoon. If the weather is good we can go to Epfach ( http://www.denklingen.de/html/aktiv/aktiv_museum.htm ) and visit the Lorenzberg.

Otherwise we´ll go to Munich by train. There we have several options:
Archäologische Staatssammlung and
Bayerisches Nationalmuseum
or
Glyptothek and Antikensammlungen

Beamer will be quite expensive. Confusedhock:
Hans, it would be good if you brought your laser pointer! Smile
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Jurjen, Jasper, and I have organized a car and a driver, Marco. So we'll be there from Friday early in the evening to Sunday afternoon.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hotel choice for the RAT conference in Augsburg, November 06 caiusbeerquitius 7 4,620 08-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Medusa Gladiatrix
  RAT Conference date in November 2006 caiusbeerquitius 15 7,852 08-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Lecture Proposals for the RAT Conference November 06 caiusbeerquitius 18 7,700 08-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Last Post: richsc