Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Your Greek Artwork
I've got a question for some artists here - how do you make your aspides on photoshop/corel/whatever? Any particular rounding tool, or just practice? I.e. Nick Panos' shields look particularly 'perfect', especially once the blazon is on them. Almost looks like they were made in another program.
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]
I'm very impressed by Johnny's work, and the horse postures are very dramatic, but I notice the reins are always slack and flying everywhere - except in the case of the mounted archer, which is the one place you might expect this, the reins aren't held, but they look taut. Many artists do this - I think it's intended to add to the sense of movement and drama, but it detracts from the picture's effectiveness for anyone who rides in combat. Yes, you can fight without reins, but it's dangerous to leave them loose, better to knot them up short before you drop them. And you can't pull a horse's head round with slack reins.
Quote:Sketch of Byzan tagmata of XI, (not by me) :wink:
Looks nice, but there are some points that I would change, for instance the position of the quiver and, most of all, the image should be mirrored - this guy is left-handed....
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Looks like Gioi fixed the image-reversal - he's not left-handed now.
Yes it is Nikos Panos from an old book by Periskopio publications on Alexander the Great. Where di yoy find it Gioi?
Was it sold in the US?

Kind regards
fantastic art, thanks for sharing.
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
I'd really like to see a Panos or better yet, a Schumate of Philip the One Eye! Big Grin (see my avatar)
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
Hi,
I'm a newbie!
Here's some of my artwork. Please know that I reserve the right of artistic license. My intention is to make art. I do my best, so please don't hit me over the head for any/all my historical inaccuracies. I hope you like them.

First is a bronze of Alexander, second is a Trojan helmet,
and the third is King Leonidas.
[Image: alexBWsized.jpg]
[Image: helm1-1.jpg]
[Image: L1.jpg]
Welcome dcooper!
Hey,if you can make that helmet,why don't you give it a try with historical helmets?You know all people in here would love it!
Hehe,I see Leonidas had an ammount of research even on his shield's emblem!
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Well it seems we get the attention of the international audience if I judge from Leonidas bronze statue.
I would truly appreciated if dcooper wants to tell us the source of his info on doing this bronze statute. It is very accurate. fantastic work!

Kind regards
Thanks for the warm welcome and the kind words.

The King Leonidas sculpture was commissioned to help fund an archeological expedition to Greece 2008. There will be only 50 cast.

It will be available at www.300spartanwarriors.com beginning this week. There's some great info about the expedition on the site. John Trikeriotis can answer any questions about who's leading the expedition and their goals. I'm really honored to be able to be a part.

I am also working on a full Royal Spartan Helmet right now.
Here's more pictures of the sculpture.

[Image: Leofull.jpg]
[Image: L3.jpg]
[Image: L2.jpg]
I think you have captured a Leonidas as "He might have been".
Ever thought making pewter copies so that miniture or vigniete modelers attempt to paint it?

Kind regards
Hi. I'm KLA. I'm a new member here. This is my first post on this forum. I'm skinner/modeller of Rome Total War modding from Poland (sorry for my English).

I like Johny Shumate's artworks. The Philipus cavarly and Alexandrian phalangites is the best, I think:
[Image: kawaleriamacedo324skani7.th.jpg]
[Image: macedonianphalanxht3.th.jpg]

Here are some of my Greek's models for Rome Total War:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/download ... le&id=1402
Greek Strategos: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/download ... le&id=1331

Here is Arcadian Hoplite:

[Image: 1arcadianhopliteie5.th.jpg]

Regards,
KLA
[Image: europeanwars.jpg]

Artur K. (KLA - modeller/skinner Total War mods; Ancient & 18th century soldiers)
Thank You Smile
Do U think about this forum?
http://totalwar.org.pl/board/index.php

Artur K. (KLA - modeller/skinner Total War mods; Ancient & 18th century soldiers)
V BC Greek Hoplites

Classical Greek Hoplite:

[Image: classicalgreekhopliteia4.th.jpg]

Athenian Hoplite

[Image: athenianhoplitewu8.th.jpg]

Athenian Hoplite Peleponesian War

[Image: athenianhoplitepeleponeim3.th.jpg]