Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HBO Rome-Blog on Legio VI website
Quote:Where is the Jewish thing going. I think that is getting a little too silly. The priest sounded more like Shlomo Goldstein at Art's Deli in Sherman Oaks. I was waiting for someone in the congregation to claim to be a cheesemaker.

Mimis! Excellent to see you on the RAT board!

Yeah, the Jewish thing was so weird I didn't even feel like talking about it in the blog. My notes for the show read something like "high priest (or rabbi or whatever) has a huuuuge nose." Talk about stereotypes! And the "fight" when all the thugs rushed in and started roughing up the Sanhedron (or whatever they were supposed to be) looked more like the mosh pit of a punk rock concert. I wasn't even sure, at first, whether this was supposed to be happening in Jerusalem, or Rome, or wherever (it turned out to be a synagog in Rome...I think). Anyway, it is hard to know where this is going, because the big Judaean rebellion doesn't happen for another 100 years or so, so it can't really be part of this series. Unless we end up with a segement about Herod the Great getting installed in Judaea, which is possible, I suppose (we'd better meet Herod pretty soon, though). Seems a major distraction from the main thrust of the story, though. Personally, I'd rather watch Timon get it on with Atia some more...
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius

Messages In This Thread
Re: HBO Rome-Blog on Legio VI website - by Niedel - 02-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Re: HBO Rome-Blog on Legio VI website - by FlaviusCrispus - 02-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Re: HBO Rome-Blog on Legio VI website - by Niedel - 03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Episode VIII review up - by FlaviusCrispus - 03-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Punk-rock Cleopatra? - by FlaviusCrispus - 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IMPERIUM ROMANUM - Polish website about ancient Rome that wants to become English imperiumromanum_edu 0 932 07-24-2018, 09:22 PM
Last Post: imperiumromanum_edu
  New articles on the RMRS Legio XIIII website! Caballo 1 1,583 06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Peroni