Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientist compares Roman and Japanese swords with new method
Marcus Vibius Marinus writes:
Quote:You are comparing a spring steel Cheness sword to a true nihon-to...

that is impossible.

On the contrary, I can compare a nihonto to a banana, if I choose to, but I would agree such a comparison would be absurd. The Cheness sword I referenced is a fine weapon, but I never claimed it was constructed like a nihonto.

But you are falling back on dogma, declaring such a
comparison "impossible," and totally disregarding my point -- which was that resilience and flexibility does not equate to an inferior or "weaker" steel. Metallurgy is metallurgy, whether Japanese, Chinese, European, or American. I'm open if you care to refute my statement, but your declaration hardly constitutes a refutation. If you are a swordsmith or metallurgist, then I'm sure you can provide plenty of real documentation to support your statement.

I'm not looking for an argument here, but your response smacks of an unwillingness to consider anything different -- and that is an intellectually dangerous path.
Wayne Anderson/ Wander

Messages In This Thread
Re: Scientist compares Roman and Japanese swords with new method - by Wander - 07-14-2008, 08:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best method of getting a Roman helmet I\'ve seen. jkaler48 3 1,278 06-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Medicus matt