Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help on designing a cape, shirt, pants, & eagle emb
Hey guys! My first post. I'm so glad I found this place. I'm a huge Rome fanatic and I'm looking forward to joining your ranks when I put together my outfit. Now, I hope you don't yell at me for what I'm about to say next, but its better then nothing right? Here it goes.

I want to look EXACTLY like the legionnaires do on the HBO series Rome. I can buy the armor from Museum Replicas. I'm talking to a tailor now to make me a cape, shirt, and pants but we need a little research first.

1) Cape: The cape on the show looks... layered? It has ripples and folds in it? How is it made? What's the shape of it? Rectangle? Oval? A mixtures of the two? What is the exact color of it? How can a tailor make a cape to look just like it does on the show? Are there directions somewhere?

2) Shirt/Pants: The shirt and pants are easier to make but do you know the type of material/color I can use? Can the tailor go into a store and say "I need the color Roman brown"?

3) Eagle Emblem: We need a good picture of it so we can print it out, and then press it onto the shirt. Do you know where I can get one?

4) Can you think of anywhere else that might be helpful for what I need?

I'm confident you've all seen the show so you know what I'm talking about, but if not, I'll find some pics and post them. Thanks for any and all info you can give!
-= Joe "Valerius" Pagliuca III =-

Messages In This Thread
Need help on designing a cape, shirt, pants, & eagle emb - by Whitestar19 - 05-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Going Roman - by P. Clodius Secundus - 05-12-2007, 02:49 AM
Hamata Darkening - by P. Clodius Secundus - 05-17-2007, 04:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Considerations for designing shield patterns for your unit jkaler48 3 1,806 05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Vitruvius