Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius
SALVE!! Sir Matt and Sir Dave!

Matt thanks heaps yes sir have been aware of that site for a long time just bloody good info from those who really know and yes at present I am forge free which isn't a nice thing really but we just make it work somehow. Thanks much for that!

Dave much gramercy and thanks. I cannot convey to you how releived I am to hear that the severed digit is on the mend. Just the fact that no serious sub infection has yet occured is very good news. Sounds like you have some very competant Drs on your side. I have great faith that it will kick in soon back to it's original full function state. Have they organized some form of therapy?

About scabbards, fittings etc ohh absoluetely yes. Not at least taking some kind of stab (pun unintended) at that topic would make this a half baked project so to speak. There are all sorts of issues here with selection of good vs ok materials and so on and so forth. What tools are really needed and how to get the job done in something like a timely fashion.

Also working with bone. Here in NZ the Maori people are master carvers and can turn a piece of discarded beef bone into a museum piece. Preparation of bone before use wil be covered etc but NOT allot of clap trap superfluity I think it should be a straight away Thing.

Matt again thank you for your advice and Dave thanks for just being there.

Be Well mates and you have the finest of days.

Cheers!

Rick
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti

Messages In This Thread
Re: Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius - by Titus Publius Saturninus - 05-27-2007, 01:25 AM
mantra - by Caius Fabius - 05-29-2007, 05:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,705 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  1st Century Roman Fulham Gladius Sword and Scabbard Pointer 4 1,793 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Sharpening 1st Century Gladius and Spatha Sword Points Pointer 0 1,430 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Pointer