Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius
Hi Matt actually I am ready to trash the entire venture because it's quickly losing it's flavor and becoming sour graped. I have yet to even actually present it and already it is being picked apart far too prematurely and I really don't want to go into some arena and have to qualify every move I make or accidental miswording here.

I am firmished at this point that the members in this forum still don't get it after I had tried to clarify it as best as I possibly could. Again I have DONE my research and did not come here to have to defend myself and draw lengthy explanations for something I have not even been given the opportunity to yet explain. In other words allow a person to GET there first.

The purpose of the tutorial was to try and HELP members who have never attempted this kind of work to get it into their own hands and find a deeper enjoyment and enrichment of this study.

So far as researching the rudius there is going to be as much info out there as there is going to be and if that's all there is then that is all there is. It was in fact a simple wooden sword for use in practice and or presentation as a gift.

If someone believes I am incompetent and wishes to take over for me here they can knock themselves out. I'm done.

Thank you sir
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti

Messages In This Thread
mantra - by Caius Fabius - 05-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Re: Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius - by Titus Publius Saturninus - 06-02-2007, 01:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,705 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  1st Century Roman Fulham Gladius Sword and Scabbard Pointer 4 1,793 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Sharpening 1st Century Gladius and Spatha Sword Points Pointer 0 1,430 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Pointer