Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius
Hi Matt thank you very much again for offering your bit into this project Have been to all of those sites, have them saved in my Favorites folder and yes for the third time at least I have done my research.

To answer your question again the thread is about making a sword ideally a Roman gladius and first touches upon the making of a rudis. Again the purpose of that is to familiarize the craftsman out there with tool use, SAFETY , powers of observation, and how both proper and improper angles become transferred into ones hands and so on and so forth. These are all acquired skills that take some kind of practice or direct hands on experience.

Then after a timber subject there will hopefully be more inbuilt confidence and thus a greater chance at success with steel and less chance for disappointment on a much more effort driven and time consuming material. Steel which of course makes for the actual end product we wish to acquire.

And YES it will assume that some people don't have a clue and need to gain certain information from day dot.

I am sorry if anything I have said here was confusing My apologies. Please can we just but wait here until I can get it all up there??

Thank you very much for your input.

Always,

Rick
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti

Messages In This Thread
mantra - by Caius Fabius - 05-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Re: Sword Making Tutorial Make Your Own Gladius - by Titus Publius Saturninus - 06-02-2007, 11:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,705 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  1st Century Roman Fulham Gladius Sword and Scabbard Pointer 4 1,793 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Sharpening 1st Century Gladius and Spatha Sword Points Pointer 0 1,430 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Pointer