Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
Ave Cornelius!

I understand how Germans feel, it's just I don't agree there is a need for them to. At least not most of them. Were you a member of the NSDAP? I bet not. We both know that most Germans weren't and yes, the Party DID have a major part to play int he start of the war, but... it would have happened ANYWAY. Hell, when the Wehrmacht started Operation Barbarossa, they found that the Soviets had pulled down all their border defences in preparation to attck West :-0 Why am I rambling? I dunno, it seems to me that EVERY single time WWII is brought up, Germans have their noses rubbed inshit over it. Hell, in Japan, they act like it never happened except for the evyil USA dropping an A-Bomb on them. To me, they pretty much got away w/ starting the war in the Pacific.

When I say I reenact WWII German, I tell people this: I do it to honor the men who fought on both sides of the war and gave their all for their country. You can't fault a man for that! Yes, you can fault an evil government, but I am sorry, to me, WWII was a tragedy, just like WWI. It happened, a LOT of people suffered and died for it. It's time to stop pointing fingers, rubbing whole nations noses in dog shit and to move on.

Last I'd say, freedom is more important... you can't schedule it, you can't regulate it, you just are (or are not free). I will stop bloviating now. I promise not to wear a hakenkreuz in Germany, okay :-) ) When you come here to the West Marches... feel free. How's that?
Best, Marsh
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market) - by DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS - 05-26-2007, 11:57 PM
The nazis and the swastika - by Celer - 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
sigh - by Caius Fabius - 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: sigh - by Tarbicus - 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Re: sigh - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,256 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,130 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat