Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
Quote:I do ask people to re-read their posts and remove emotions that are extreme, even if you personally feel them, and to respect the right of others to disagree with your viewpoint, without become personally offended.
Well that's the problem really, I think, Charles. There's possibly no other symbol on Earth that has the same effect, and I doubt your request will have much effect on at least some for their own good and understandable reasons.

We're not Romans, we're modern people living in the 21st Century, and so are those who might see our gear. You can't suspend the real modern world from anything we do.

Within the wider context of the discussion, what's the reaction to the phallic pendant, or fascinum? Has anyone ever had a problem with that? It's a relevant question because it's a taboo image to many. It's one thing to see it in a great work of art, but entirely another when a bloke walks amongst the public with a penis hanging from his belt.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Messages In This Thread
The nazis and the swastika - by Celer - 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
sigh - by Caius Fabius - 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: sigh - by Tarbicus - 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Re: sigh - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,259 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,157 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat