Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were Celtic inscriptions found in USA?
From what I've looked into on the subject, (and if the claims are real) I think that there is a lot of evidence to claim that Europeans have been in America before Columbus and the Vikings. I think most people in the field of research don't take the evidence seriously or don't look into it because there is so little to go by (a little inscription here and there, but they all add up), but I think this stuff should not be ignored. I read somewhere about how other civilizations believed the Phoenicians had a secret settlement outside of the Mediterranean, but I think the sources for that claim were a bit sketchy. I think it's very likely that the Phoenicians or even the Romans could have navigated the Atlantic and set foot in America, I mean just look at their acheivements in other fields. I think that the celtic inscriptions or ogham found throughout the east coast would be from celtic mercanaries travelling with the phoenicians. They certainly were capable to go there. I think that if they were to discover America they would probably keep it to themselves for economic gain and to cut out competition. I'll try to look more into the claim about the Phoenicians "secret settlement" to see wether its based on any truth, and try to gather up all the evidence in America for pre-viking explorers/settlers.
Dennis Flynn

Messages In This Thread
Celtic inscriptions in USA - by zugislander - 10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Re: Were Celtic inscriptions found in USA? - by Celtic505 - 10-19-2007, 06:33 PM
skeletons and anthropologists - by richard - 10-26-2007, 07:32 AM