Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HBO Rome Nominated For Costume Honors...
Quote:
MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS:btrmo5s0 Wrote:Hmmn... maybe all the Roman Re-Enactment societies should get together and make a film of their own... perhaps that would work?

Fantastic idea in theory but can you imagine the raging discussions over what is authentic or not? Which period? etc :lol: I'll be Boudica.. or tealady.. whatever Big Grin

Well, if for a minute we put the mass logistical difficulties aside, agree on a time period, call in the relevant re-enactment societies for that era and any other ones willing to portray a time period not of their own (through loaned equipment presumably*), then I think it would not be that hard.

Most societies that I see from one time period seem to get along well and pretty much agree on the ''standard'', and im sure that whatever consensus we agree on, even if imperfect, will still be vastly superior to what Hollywood seems to offer at the momment.

Now, coming back to the problems. Massive logistical problems of linking all these societies, time, money (and that is a BIG problem), etc...

*Another problem. We would have to figure out a decent way of lending equipment whilst making sure nothing goes missing or is stolen, again very hard.

So after we get all that done, all is well.

Alternatively, we could simply lend/sell ourselves to hollywood and in the process provide all the extras, equipment, realism and authenticity and it would probably even cost them less as they would only be paying wages rather than getting the 'fake' equipment done first and then paying people to wear them.

Messages In This Thread
what costume? - by richard - 01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Re: HBO Rome Nominated For Costume Honors... - by MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 01-30-2008, 09:13 PM