Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastika on roman army shields/gear
Agreed, WWII is something that should never be forgotten and it also a shame how it has lost a lot of its emotional impact with time. I find it laughable how often people are compared to Hitler or the Nazis with little justification of how they are comparative. Unfortunately, I think history is doomed to repeat itself regardless. Those of us who study it should know better than any the cycles or the past and honestly I doubt that will ever change since the core of human nature that brings this about will never change. I'm not saying that we should just adopt a defeatist stance though since it is through the labors and the sacrifices of striving to be more than what we are that the cycle is allowed to continue or else life would a continuous downward spiral.

I didn't mean to get philosophical but I guess I am still stuck on Sunday.
Derek D. Estabrook

Messages In This Thread
Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Decius - 04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by DanM - 04-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 04-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by DanM - 04-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Ironhand - 06-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-09-2008, 10:50 PM