Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastika on roman army shields/gear
Quote:Speaking of stereotypes... :roll: :lol:

Yea, stereotypes... vets are stereotyped a lot... the most often by academics who decry stereotyping. One of life's complexities. That was my experience. And I don't remember seeing you on any of the projects I was on... Perhaps you can visit and wear a swastika and see about the social process of stereotyping. Big Grin

Incidentally, I am returning to work on my PhD in archeology and history this fall. The degree is problematic since I already have a double Masters. One of the considerations is a warning from the Veterans Administration not to be identified as a vet since vehicles in the University area are often vandalized if they display any sticker or decal that is associated with military service. Some eighteen,I think, vehicles were seriousy damaged on one ocassion. On the positive note it is now a violation of civil as well as criminal law to harass any disabled veteran. This is now enforced where it did not exist or was ignored following the Vietnam war. Some disciplines were more militant than others. And it varried in place and time.

Pardon my digression

Ralph

Messages In This Thread
Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Decius - 04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by DanM - 04-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 04-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by DanM - 04-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Re: Swastika on roman army shields/gear - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-09-2008, 10:50 PM