Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did you choose your RAT-name ???
Quote:Well, being a Murray I have always been called 'Muzza' (which is I think in linguistics called secondary rhotacism where a double 'r' is turned into a 'z' - please correct that if anyone knows for sure - but hence barry=Bazza, Garry=Gazza etc).

Getting back on topic :oops: , I have never really been a 'Muzza' (I prefer Mur as a nickname - like myrrh - delusions of grandeur!) but once at uni in the early 90s we were making up Japanese-esque names for each other and I got 'Muzzaguchi' which I liked and have used online ever since. (my other name early on was VMEBFAS - no one could understand it nor what it stood for - Victor Mature and Ernest Borgnine Film Appreciation Society - still only 3 members)

Another option was my name turned into heiroglyphs Mu-Ra which AFAIKR means 'mouth of Ra' - but I was never a fan of Egypt. And once I became a member with the name 'Sextus Julius Frontinus' (which is the only Roman name I would ever choose - see here and search for 'career and writings of Frontinus'- but I felt so utterly unworthy that I never returned to that forum and have been muzzaguchi ever since).

That was long winded and probably more about me than any of you ever wished to know.
Confusedhock: :lol:

Cheers

Murray

Will you be testing us on it all later? Big Grin

Know what you mean about the Bazza/Gazza thing
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~

Messages In This Thread
Name - by Celer - 04-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Re: Why did you choose your RAT-name ??? - by Libitina - 05-08-2008, 12:02 PM