Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barrack Sizes and fort layouts
Quote:Centurion's houses, storage and magazines. Which size have you used for one contubernium and one centuria? Something's wrong with Your reconstruction, two horrea should be parallel to via principalis which are also opposite to principia (in praetentura space). Left to the principia is praetorium. On Your drawing two large houses in the center are principia and....???
For one contubernium You could use 8-10mx4m, and for one street beetween two baracks something like 4m wide. I need more detailed explanation what do You want to achieve.

Hi. Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean. And yes I know the reconstruction is not accurate, its just to give a sense of size and how the buildings would fit, but in a square shaped fort rather than a rectangular one.

The buildings in the middle are the Co's House and the Headquarters. That and the granaries are known to have existed on the fort, but the placemente of the barracks is conjectural. What do you mean by horrea?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Barrack Sizes and fort layouts - by Arahne - 05-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Re: Barrack Sizes and fort layouts - by MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 05-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Re: Barrack Sizes and fort layouts - by Arahne - 05-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Re: Barrack Sizes and fort layouts - by jkaler48 - 05-08-2008, 06:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everyday Items found in a Barrack Block Paul Elliott 2 1,143 10-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Paul Elliott