Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for reenactment groups in the Washington/Oregon area
Morgan I do remember talking with you at Egils, just didn't make the connection.

I'm in the process of scheduing events at Ft. Stevens now and will let you know when dates are set. I'm looking at the end of June for our first event.

Ft. Stevens is an old Coast Artillery fort at the mouth of the Columbia River near Astoria, dating from the Civil War thru WWII. It is now a state park with large amounts of visitors during the summer months.

Ft. Stevens has a long history of hosting reenactment groups, Civil War, WWII, etc. We will be the first Romans to set up there.

I'm also a board member at the historical area and have worked there for the past 8 years. My goal is to introduce Roman reenacting to Ft. Stevens and one day, hope to invite groups from California and elsewhere to participate in a large encampment.

I'm looking forward to you joining with us, I'll keep you posted on the dates we will be there.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI

Messages In This Thread
Re: Looking for reenactment groups in the Washington/Oregon area - by Dean Cunningham metalsmim - 05-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Re: Looking for reenactment groups in the Washington/Oregon area - by maius - 05-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Northwest - by sophus_tree - 05-31-2008, 03:34 AM
Re: Northwest - by Julilla - 05-31-2008, 03:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  are there any celtic or germanic groups in oregon/washington caius matinius mattius 14 5,115 08-08-2017, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Any reenactment groups in washington state? Parthian Ronal 3 3,131 09-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Quintus Claudius Scaevola
  Reenactment groups link section Praefectusclassis 57 12,090 12-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Cornelius Primus