Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many Gladiator schools are there at the moment?
The history of gladiatorial combat in Australia begins in the 1930s in Sydney. ( i read about it in a newspaper clipping) Gladiators were the basis of the Ancient and Medieval Arts Society's founding in Sydney in 1972. Sadly they are no more but gave rise to the Sydney Ancients
Currently, in Australia, there is only one practicing "college" and that is in Brisbane. They are called "Pax Romana".
In Armidale (halfway between Sydney and Brisbane) we train as gladiators most weeks but only do shows with Pax once a year. There is a devoted gladiator known as "bronzeage Matt" who is constantly updating his kit and promoting gladiatorial sessions in the town of Lismore, Northern NSW. He intends to make his way to Europe and train with every school he can find, :twisted:
I also know of others who own kit but do not have the opportunity to use it as much as they would like.
I also believe there is a gladiatorial school in New Zealand.
Dont give up on trying to update this register. It is a great idea.
regards
Richard Robinson

Messages In This Thread
Re: How many Gladiator schools are there at the moment? - by richard robinson - 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Re: How many Gladiator schools are there at the moment? - by Tim Gallagher - 09-01-2011, 12:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Gladiator Schools jhulott 2 1,433 05-09-2020, 08:55 PM
Last Post: jhulott
  Gladiator Schools in the states SEANjohn37683 1 2,959 05-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: jvrjenivs