Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Sarmatian or early Alan costume
thanx everyones for discussion

I found some sources of 4-6th. cen. costume of Easten People but there's no exemple of native source for Alans ...from early period it's no problem ...same late period

interesting article I put in below...but it's in Russian

...I try to find native sources
the biggest problem is with head-wear ,shoes and trousers (or other kind of legs-costume)...for rest parts (caftans ,tunics) there's no problem.....I mean the problem is only with dating of some parts becouse between 1st and 8th. cen. we got many exemples of artefacts ...but I don't know nothing from exactly 4-5th. cen. from native Alans area

Alans were a part of some Sarmatians ...and in 4-5th. cen. they lived between others nations ,for exemple some East Germanians and early Slavs (there's some hipothese the Slavs were a part of some Alans mixed with some group of Baltic Nations....it's one of many teories of "slavic genesis") ....and near of Bizantium Area ....and off course Huns

...in my opinin is more possible to use by Alans some germanic or slavic styles of clothing ....I'm thinking abaut native area

och, here 's good book about Alan's history ...one of basic of this subject :
http://iratta.com/2007/07/08/oglavlenij ... enijj.html

Messages In This Thread
Late Sarmatian or early Alan costume - by Nieczar - 07-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Sarmatian and Alan dress - by Paullus Scipio - 07-28-2008, 03:55 AM
Re: Late Sarmatian or early Alan costume - by Nieczar - 07-31-2008, 10:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about simple Sarmatian/Alan kit Luka Borščak 11 4,019 06-16-2015, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Alanus