Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome & Pompeii
Yes, although with that logic no one will ever excavate anything since in ten years time tech will have improved over the present one. In any event I do not think present day archology with good funding is that bad or reckless as to loose all that much aditional information.<br>
Places like Pompeii should, just alone for the attraction they create, have much more archological emphasis placed on instead of all those trips to Syria or Irak where stuff is best kept at this time underground till sitaution improves.<br>
<br>
But what I found so interesting is that there was an inhabited private house in the middle of Pompeii doing its wine plantation over the unexcavated ruins..obviously they have not even expropiated it.<br>
<br>
On Rome, I´m not asking for a personal guide here per person, but there is a huge leap from handing out free informative sheets in diferent languages with a small map and some general information and the general display signs near the pieces like I see here in Spain at every Museum or dig and what you get at Rome where you basically have to do your own thing by buying books or hiring a profesional guide.<br>
I love books and I buy them anyhow, but others less inclined are missing so much stuff its actually sad. No signs, nothing...and the few panels you can locate are in Italian only.<br>
Its indeed bad for business no matter how you turn it. <p></p><i></i>
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel

Messages In This Thread
Rome & Pompeii - by Ebusitanus - 02-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Re: Rome & Pompeii - by richard - 02-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Re: Rome & Pompeii - by Ebusitanus - 02-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Re: Rome & Pompeii - by Carlton Bach - 02-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Re: Rome & Pompeii - by Ebusitanus - 02-08-2005, 01:57 PM