Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greek re-enactors - how do you display?
Paul B. wrote:-
Quote: I would love to hear more about your experiences being crushed in such a press and any aneckdotes about broken ribs or men that pass out. I have been extrapolating most of my theory from crowds, but I have faced questions as to the ability of hoplite phalanxes to generate such crushing forces. I myself cannot say this is the case with shallower phalanxes, so knowing the depth and other relevant features of the shield walls you have been in will help greatly.
.....an interesting point, and I would love to hear anecdotal evidence too, but does it tell us anything about whether the Greeks deliberately sought to generate such forces? ....this is what you really need some evidence for to support your theories, Paul..... Smile
Meanwhile, I am having fun following in Scipio´s footsteps in Spain.....lots of photos......
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff

Messages In This Thread
Greek Re-enactors - how to display - by Paullus Scipio - 08-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Greek Re-enactors display - by Paullus Scipio - 08-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Greek Hoplites - display? - by Paullus Scipio - 08-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Xenophon and Theban Tactics - by Paullus Scipio - 08-22-2008, 10:57 AM