Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope RAT stays an open forum
I think also that part of the problem lies with people who are not yet confident enough to share an opinion. It is all too easy to be aware of the shortcomings of your knowledge and remain unaware that what you actually know is not common knowledge to everybody else.

Also, when offering opinions and information it is all too easy to think that other people will criticise your views. This is true, but in the majority of cases differences of opinion are just that: opinion. In the Roman period the facts are usually open to interpretation. Just because you have read something that is different to the interpretations offered on this forum does not mean that it is wrong!

I must ask SS, though: is there any specific reason for your post? If it is because you know of one or two individuals that have knowledge but who aren't willing to share, then that is their loss: without debate, how can we expand our understanding of the ancient world?
Ian (Sonic) Hughes
"I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others" - Thucydides, Peloponnesian War
"I have just jazzed mine up a little" - Spike Milligan, World War II

Messages In This Thread
I hope RAT stays an open forum - by stevesarak - 09-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Re: I hope RAT stays an open forum - by sonic - 09-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Re: I hope RAT stays an open forum - by Magnus - 09-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Re: I hope RAT stays an open forum - by Tarbicus - 09-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Re: I hope RAT stays an open forum - by sonic - 09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Re: I hope RAT stays an open forum - by Magnus - 09-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Re: I hope RAT stays an open forum - by Magnus - 09-23-2008, 12:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginning of my novel.........I hope Legionare Vibius Atimoniu 8 2,047 08-26-2006, 05:39 AM
Last Post: rkmvca1