Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Pictures Gladiators of Ars Dimicandi
I agree with both sides of the discussion. I agree that Ars Dimicandi hit each other a little to often. The sound of a metal weapon hit a metal helmet is something unique but mainly for the audience. I also think that they hit themselves a lot on the helment because they use metal weapons. Since they use metal weapons they have to sacrifice in some areas for the safety of the gladiators. Unfortunely, the Roman Empire is gone so we are unable to easily replace the gladiators. This is the modern age where slaves are no more, gladiator fighting is no longer an occupation except for a hobby, and killing people in the name of entertainment is highly frowned upon.

They could use wooden weapons instead of metal but I think that they would not be has highly thought of as they are. The gladiator school I belong to and the school I fight with use wooden weapons. I get hit all over including my helmet. Sometimes it just hurts for a while and every once and a while we break something.

Like M. Demetrius said each gladiator school does something different. Just like every Roman group does something different.

I like the pictures and videos that Ars Dimicandi does!!!
Joshua B. Davis

Marius Agorius Donatus Minius Germanicus
Optio Centuriae
Legio VI FFC, Cohors Flavus
[url:vat9d7f9]http://legvi.tripod.com[/url]

"Do or do not do, their is no try!" Yoda

Messages In This Thread
Re: Latest Pictures Gladiators of Ars Dimicandi - by jbd_29349 - 10-06-2008, 12:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new book by Ars Dimicandi hephestus 13 5,177 06-22-2011, 02:33 AM
Last Post: michiann
  New clip Gladiators fight by Ars Dimicandi Velite 6 3,629 12-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Velite
  Video Ars Dimicandi Gladiators - Season 2007 hephestus 6 3,658 02-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Last Post: hephestus