Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event in Michigan set for spring 2010
The event would be open to the public, and as I said earlier it will be a timeline event so there will be many periods portrayed but being a roman and barbarian reenactor I plan to feature our time period. This event will also be home to several vendors, some historical and some modern (a few of the sponsors are restaurants so they are wishing to set up a stand.)

Depending on the interest the price will go down, but as of now it will cost each reenactor about $20-$25 to participate, this cost will help pay for firewood, water, and hay bales for use in tactical demos as well as use as bedding aswell as paying for the porto potty rentals and helping pay for some security and medical staff.

The event site will hopefully feature, a tactical field around the size of a football field for whatever demos the time periods desire, a suttlers alley with vendors, aswell as a hands on area where the public can try leather work, wood work, cooking, or any other historical skills somebody wants to teach.

As for camps, I do not think we will be able to dig up the ground and make an actual roman camp like I would like, but with some hay bales and maybe some reed partitions we can assemble a mock up of one. The general layout of the event will be like a small city in a basic T shape,a central path will be established leading from the parking lot to a "town square" which will be the place for music or any other non military performances, surrounding the "town square" will be the suttlers. Completing the T will be two more broad paths leading away from the "town square" and ending at one end with the demo field and at the other the hands on area. Branching off from the main path along the way will be the different time periods, probable broken into a few different sections. I know this may seem like wishful thinking but I can dream can't I? The site is long and narrow and is enclosed by a road on two sides, woods private property on another and a river on the last side. The T will stretch from the parking lot at one end and end the top part of the T will be parallel to the river.

So for all those who are considering attending, the cost will be around $20, you will be able to stay on site, firewood will be provided, water will be provided, hay will be provided, the event will be open to the public Friday- Sunday (Friday being aimed mostly at local schools, we will close early on sunday approx. 2 pm to allow relaxed tear down and easier travel.) You will be allowed fires (not sure we will be able to dig pits or have to use metal pans), you will be able to park on site and access your vehicles all day and night.

Please post any suggestions you have
Go in peace, and may the light of Lugh shine on your path
Divitiacus: Priest and brehon of the Druid order
Commander of the Brayden Cael
(AKA Justin Hawley)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Event in Michigan set for spring 2010 - by Donciorate - 02-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Re: Event in Michigan set for spring 2010 - by vipsania - 02-13-2010, 02:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cohort V Spring Camp M. Demetrius 8 2,550 03-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Late Roman event in the US, 2010 Robert Vermaat 0 941 04-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat