Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castra Legionis IIII Flaviae Felicis - Singidunum-excavation
In brief (photo's will follow):
In last two week's we have started protective excavations in SW part of castra in Singidunum. Besides the large object (60 m in length) in the NE part (see map) we have found the remains of the via decumana. Two phases -IV century (dating based on coin finds and glased lamp), and earlier phase which emerges right now bellow the previous one. From via decumana to the SW part of the large building emerge but we have to determine its purpose yet. Further to the SW a channel (sewer ?) built with tegulae on the floor. Brick stamps of legio VII claudia on almost every brick. This is the first time that we have found VII claudia stamps in situ in Singidunum. Also we have IIII FF stamps which is usual. Somewhere we have just the foundation parts of architecture, and somwhere the parts above the floors. Feel free to ask anything, I will try to answer as soon as possible, but I have a lot things to do and I work from 8 till 20 h and I wont be able to answer every day.
Stefan Pop-Lazic
by a stuff demand, and personal hesitation

Messages In This Thread
Castra Legionis IIII Flaviae Felicis - Singidunum-excavation - by Arahne - 06-21-2009, 07:53 AM