Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polybius, horse archers arrows, roman armour, oh my.
Quote:The metallurgical properties are irrelevant compared to all the other problems with Indian mail. If you want to shoot arrows at it, please don't waste bandwith posting your results here. It will tell us nothing about how Roman mail might have performed.

So, aside from Eriks mail, where do you propose one find Roman mail? The exact composition metalurgically of which is?

I have seen quite a bit of Roman mail, as close as I am allowed, and can't see too much to say why it would have performed differently. Some of the joining rivets and riveted rings look
even more frail that the sets of Indian mail I own.

Could you possibly list all the many faults of the Indian mail, and then perhaps forward me a check so I can afford to waste some of Eriks work as target practice? :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Messages In This Thread
Re: Polybius, horse archers arrows, roman armour, oh my. - by Ross Cowan - 07-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Re: Polybius, horse archers arrows, roman armour, oh my. - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 07-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Why the bodkin? - by Gregg - 07-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Re: Why the bodkin? - by Matthew Amt - 07-18-2009, 01:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Swords of the Parthian horse archers claste 4 1,098 07-04-2020, 12:47 AM
Last Post: claste
  Arrows Against Linen and Leather Armour Steven James 1 1,856 09-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Last Post: MonsGraupius
  Interpreting Polybius (was Late Roman Army) antiochus 17 4,050 08-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Lyceum