Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ten Most Historically Inaccurate Movies
Quote:Good points Sergey -- indeed film is art, and as such you are quite right that the artist (director, writer, etc.) should push the boundaries of the art form. Tarantino's new film will certainly do that.)

However...

I think this is why we so admire the films of Kurosawa, or Kubrick or Scorsese, and look askance at films like 10,000 BC or 300 (a triumph of design though the latter may have been).

Just my random thoughts.

:wink:

Narukami

Completely agree with you and I'm big fan of Kurosawa.
But of course, if you would see documentary "II World War in colours" - Spielberg and Kubrik couldn't compete with it.
But my point is - let's treasure the new thinhs that was done by the directors.
As example, old Hollywwod film "Scarlet Empress" about Catherine the Great is complete madness from the point of view of accuracy - it's stupid fantasy about Russia with much more stupid mistakes than you are mentioning and you could suppose - as example menoras from sinagogue in orthodox church - still von Sternberg great director. There's the vision.
Of course, each viewer see mistakes in films about his own country. But as example in Russia there's film "1612" about Trouble time - and they pained much attention to details - anyway final result is stupid fantasy.
As to Apocalypto - I thonk it's the film about each dying empire - that's why for me these detailes are not so important. I could say: "I believe" - watching it - that's important. If wrong detailes are breaking that feeling - that's bad.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ten Most Historically Inaccurate Movies - by Sergey Lenkov - 08-14-2009, 06:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "10 Most Historically Inaccurate Movies" - Yahoo! Theodosius the Great 69 16,239 06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Last Post: john m roberts