• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cataphract, Clibanarii, whatever, against Infantry
Quote:Um, I'm not sure how relevant Almogavres are to the discussion at hand

I thought the translation was long….
How about…?
Almogavar: foot soldier
Angevin Armies: heavy cavalry
Battle of Cephissus: Cavalry vs foot soldierWink

From Ramon Muntaner (my translation +…Ramon (Ray) describes the exact event with details).
To introduce his troops in Byzantium, Roger D’flour challenges anyone (cavalry) to a duel by choosing the best cavalry knight VS anyone of his troops (chosen by the Knight.) The duel started with the Knight charging the foot soldier. And so… close your eyes and open them again and you see the Knight on the ground and the foot soldier on top of him ready to slain him… nothing happened because the Almogavar showed restrain ( …he was ordered not to kill him)

From “La fuleria”
An ongoing historical review by me.
The recent discoveries in the South US of wild horse herds conducting military routines of old cavalry Forts gives veracity to the old legends. The almogavar was a magician for it is said that he could recognized a horse. And so… he had whistles and spells; he made sounds that could stop a horse and make him turned away. But mostly… was about the stare. If the horse saw the stare; the horseman was lost for the almogavar was a beastmaster.
Drank from the spring flowing today as it did yesterday
Why waist any time with faces of Eris?
The rebirth of Algea happens not in discussions but in rumble… Turning; revolutions.
I inspire myself in the poems of love; loving perfect kisses… incredible kisses
So I leave you with your progeny: Ignavia, Otia and Silentia.
Manuel.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Cataphract, Clibanarii, whatever, against Infantry - by recondicom - 08-30-2009, 05:35 PM