Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project: from homo computeris to Olympic Athlete
Well from what i've read etc gladiators and athletes diet varied from time and region througout history. Often because it was thought by doctores who often had their own way to succes.
Mainly i'm going to eat brown selfbaked bread, vegetables, fruit, one certain piece of meat (ancients believed you gained the strength of the animal you ate eg eating a bull to gain the bulls strength), cheese, water, a little bit red wine (not to much but it's good for the veigns), oliveoil,... and banning modern inventions out of my life my daily cans! of coffee, cola and other drinks of that kind, fast-food,...

Further I'm be doing 1000 sit ups and push ups a day and I will dead lift a stone amfora for 100 times a day. That is what a modern mma fighter does, except he uses weights instead of amforas and natural stones.
I totally lack a gym but those elements ancients used to train with, I do have in my backgarden.

It can be that I mislead you all a bit with information, it's perhaps not historical correct for gladiators, but i'll start eating for 4 months what ancients gladiators or athletes could eat and do exercises with stuff they used to train with to see the effects on my body and share with others things I notice Big Grin
Polemarch of the Spartiates: Aegiadae

Hardwig
http://spartiates.agogeads.be

Messages In This Thread
Re: Project: from homo computeris to Olympic Athlete - by Diomed - 08-27-2009, 10:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charioteer - highest paid athlete in history Epictetus 1 1,675 09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Eleatic Guest