Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project: from homo computeris to Olympic Athlete
Hi!
Ok.Let's start this way,so you know who is giving you advice.
I am Aleksandar Nikic, soon to be graduate from Faculty of Physical Education, and amateur(don't earn money but sometimes compete) bodybuilder.
First,there are few things you need to consider. Ancients had different way of life,they were born and died on much healthier place(Earth),and hardened their whole body under much harder way of life,their intestines were not so gentle as ours..Their metabolism,their blood,their intestines were used to things ours today are not. In one word they were more superior health examples than we are.We are very spoiled by today way of life. The point,using diet that worked for ancient men may not be a good idea,because you could face diarrhea, other stomach problems etc..May not,but should exercise caution.

Concerning diet..I think we all agree ancient gladiators,or any other warriors were strong,force comes from size(80% of it being bone and muscle), muscle size comes from protein,and protein ONLY.And protein means meat! So only soup or vegan/carbohydrate based diet for any sportsman based on strength is impossible. The same goes for gladiators, warriors etc.. And why not eating sheep or pork or beef when it was way more accessible than today.
Concerning fat//Of course they had some,less or more fat.It is very VERY hard even for bodybuilder with 90-100-110 kg today to get rid of fat,with all knowledge and technology, not to mention ancients. So six pack gladiators,or six pack Spartans were highly unlikely to be seen.

Your goal- it is tricky.And 80% of it happens in kitchen.Trust me...To get rid of fat you need to burn more calories than you take.And cardio exercise is the only way you will trick your body to use fat as fuel.REMEMBER there is no such thing as selective fat loss,for example you won't loose fat from stomach if you do situps..ONLY cardio.
Search for fat burning HR zone. And you need to speed up you metabolism by having 5-6 smaller meals (all having protein,and fibers,and ONLY first two or three having carbs).
See some bodybuilding forums for tips on fat loss etc.They are the best in this.

Running in relatively slow pace (see fat burning hr zone),or treadmill or bike are a good way to start..

I hope I helped you,although this is a huge thing to explain in one post.Especially in English for me :oops:

All best
Aleksandar Nikic

????? ?????? ???? ??????????? ?????????? ? ???? .....
..said the 143 kg stone,for a testimony of still unseen feat of strenght.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Project: from homo computeris to Olympic Athlete - by Polinik - 09-09-2009, 07:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charioteer - highest paid athlete in history Epictetus 1 1,696 09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Eleatic Guest