Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Centurion and his horse questions.
Quote:I think a reenactment guide for Centurions would be a good project if someone had the time and knowledge to write one. Or maybe even a broader Legion Officers guide!

Wouldn't it be good if someone does some research himself, instead of 'using a manual', especially when that person is portraying a higher officer and therefore more important to have knowledge of what he represents.... I mean, every impression, item or show should start in the library, not just on the field during an event.

(I'm not saying a guide is no good. Matt Amts Legionairy handbook was the best start I could have wished when starting with the hobby, but that's for the general start.)

But to stay on topic. I think your first conclusion is good. (about centurio using no horse), but your quote about the scutum on the cart I wouldn't support. All references I (think to) know of shields on carts are from later period round shields. I don't remeber anything about this in imperial period. Also, why wouldn't a centurio (who is marching in front of his centurie) don't wanna have his scutum at hand. I would say he would have it nearby, just as every other soldier has it.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Centurion and his horse questions. - by Jvrjenivs - 10-30-2009, 08:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cataphract armor and horse questions Aulus Perrinius 35 10,829 04-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Last Post: John Conyard