Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traian\'s life on spanish TV series tonight
Well, I saw the first part yesterday. It was short, in fact it only lasted about half an hour.<br>
Correctly made, it covered the first years of Trajan's career until his return to Rome as Cesar.<br>
Most time was spent stressing the economical importance of Baetica province, where Trajan was born and how rich families from there formed a lobby to have Trajan adopted by Nerva.<br>
Images from Xanten archaeological park (the Roman town having been founded by Trajan) and esporadic shots of a small re-enactment group leaded by an optio. Clipped oval scuta and Corbridge segmentatae, the helmets ranged from first AD to second AD. The problem is that they were used to illustrate Republican army, Trajan's time army and whatever other reference to Roman army was needed!<br>
(to be continued...)<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner

Messages In This Thread
Re: Traian\'s life on spanish TV series tonight - by aitor iriarte - 05-20-2004, 05:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  \'Barbarians\' - a review of tonight\'s Tarbicus 4 1,745 06-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Tarbicus
  Spartacus Doc Tonight! john m roberts 2 1,326 04-11-2006, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Gaius Decius Aquilius
  The Real Patron Saints - UK TV tonight Tarbicus 2 1,757 12-20-2005, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Thiudareiks Flavius