Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did they keep the mules in garrison?
Quote:Campbell wrote:
Quote:Better to state the truth from the outset, than to wander all around the houses with your "educated guesstimates" which end up "giving some idea" that might be "fairly safe" ... when your "minimum/normal" figure could be wildly wrong. As I said, "we have absolutely no idea". Far from being a "universal cliche", it is an accurate statement of current scholarship.
The "truth"? Hardly ! :roll: ....contrary to what you say, the figures I have given are not even remotely "wildly wrong". As I said, we can certainly do better than "we have absolutely no idea".....Do you seriously believe that the number of pack-animals employed by a Roman Legion cannot be determined any more closely than "absolutely no idea"? ( somewhere between one and a hundred thousand? ). Current scholarship has "absolutely no idea" ?

:

Right, looks like you need expert guidance here gents....just remember this rule and you won't go far wrong.....

"If 2 mules for Sister Sarah were good enough for her, should be good enough for a Roman Legion too....eh?!"
Idea

OK, back to the debate..... :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Messages In This Thread
Re: Where did they keep the mules in garrison? - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 02-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Re: Where did they keep the mules in garrison? - by Ross Cowan - 03-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mules in the Roman Army jkaler48 18 5,657 02-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Carvettia