Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'Centurion\' Neil Marshall\'s new film
Hi.

Roman movies, like buses you wait for ages and then two come along at once. My local cinema was showing 'Centurion' and 'Agora' so I watched both one after the other!

Although very different subjects I enjoyed both films too. Costume wise 'Centurion' scored higher than 'Agora' which considering it was based in Egypt, which is where the best clothing evidence comes from was therefore particularly bad. The soldiers dress in the latter was obviously re-use of old gear from the 'Rome' series with a couple of leather seggis thrown in!

However it is not often you can go from one end of the empire to another in a night!

What was sad, was that neither film appears to have had any advance publicity in the UK with not even any posters or advertising in the cinema either! Together the total audience for the two films was nine! This can be compared with the forthcoming 'Robin Hood' with two walls in the theatre devoted to pictures of the movie and trailers on television and that film is not even due out for another two weeks.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.

Messages In This Thread
Re: \'Centurion\' Neil Marshall\'s new film - by Graham Sumner - 04-30-2010, 07:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome: Empire of the Eagles 753BC - AD 476 by Neil Faulkner Narukami 19 6,960 04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Narukami