Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New evidence for annihilation of Ninth Legion in Britain?
Hi Robert,

Vortigern Studies said:
I was apparently fooled by comments of others about your book and perhaps the blurb from the publishers. All that about Geoffrey of Monmouth and British kings, btw, was only about Geoffrey of Monmouth and what he wrote, not a comment on your book.

I know…it’s infuriating how once an error in basic advertising blurb creeps in, it gets regurgitated in adverts etc everywhere, however many times you try to correct it. I was thinking about writing on an aspect of GoM by the way for something else, but have been put off to date for fear of careering headlong into the cul-de-sac of ‘fringe-archaeology’…perhaps I’ll give it another 10 years or so!

Vortigern Studies Said:
That was a comment, apparently, from the wiki page in which they quoted you as being part of a 'turning academic tide'. If you say this is not the case that's even better to me.

I know…when I saw I was apparently part of a ‘turning academic tide’ I must admit I cringed…as I said, I can only speak for myself and make no claim to being part of a wider academic movement (if such a thing exists)

Vortigern Studies Said:
As was proven today in this news item from the BBC

Ah academics eh……Wonderful. Can't live with them, can't write a review about them.....!
Cheers again

Miles

Messages In This Thread
Re: New evidence for annihilation of Ninth Legion in Britain? - by Miles Russell - 04-24-2010, 08:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destruction Evidence for the Fall of Roman Britain? Nathan Ross 2 1,374 04-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Nathan Ross
  First evidence for Julius Caesar's invasion of Britain discovered kavan 1 1,343 11-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  The Roman Ninth legion (Legio Nona Hispana) Pons Aelius 8 2,770 04-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius