Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protest against abolishing Latin on Leiden Univ Diplomas!
Quote:A bit off topic, but I always found it very strange that in the Netherlands everyone who graduates seems to be called 'doctorandus'.
It just means that you're unsufficiently qualified to became a doctor. Because that's almost everyone at the Dutch universities, and because the people with a Ph.D. are not too intelligent either, the government has recently decided to print the diploma on the boxes of baby food. The advantage is that every baby will immediately be a doctorandus, and the universities can be closed, so we can save a lot of money, and no one will notice anyhow.
Quote:What is this government you speak of, I don't think we have one of those Smile
[Image: smlach010.gif]
I never understand the Belgian system, to be honest. Good luck with your elections next Sunday; ours here in Holland appear to have produced a lot of uncertainty.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website

Messages In This Thread
Re: Protest against abolishing Latin on Leiden Univ Diplomas! - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Re: Protest against abolishing Latin on Leiden Univ Diplomas! - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Re: Protest against abolishing Latin on Leiden Univ Diplomas! - by Jona Lendering - 06-10-2010, 12:23 AM