Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\'The myth of Celtic and Roman Britain\'
Well nowadays most of the English are from Germannic cultures, the Saxons, the Normans (even though they were French-speaking descended from Scandinavia - and as far as I'm aware, French has Germannic roots as it came form the Franks? - I'm not sure though, so I could be wrong), the Angles and the Norse (especially in the north, even on the north coast of Scotland), so you'll probably only find 'celtic' DNA in Wales, Ireland and Scotland etc. But before the Roman and Saxon invasions, Southern England was inhabited by Belgic tribes. Tribes such as that of Caratacus, the Catuvellauni had origins in Gaul I believe, and the Welsh tribes such as the Silures (as far as I know) had Spanish descent.

What my point is, is that it would be very hard to find Celtic DNA outside of Wales, Ireland and Scotland because England now has Germanic DNA as a result of the Saxon (and other) invasions, so the Belgic and Gallic DNA that was in England has effectively been wiped out.

- Lorenzo.
Lorenzo Perring-Mattiassi/Florivs Virilis

COHORS I BATAVORUM M.C.R.P.F

Messages In This Thread
Re: \'The myth of Celtic and Roman Britain\' - by LvpvsRomanvs - 08-18-2010, 08:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Britain Celtic 1st Century AD Shield + Sword Belt Antoninus05 12 5,252 03-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Last Post: bloodseekerboi1