Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da colorful "Harzhorn-DVD"
Part 1:
I've got the habit of reading some books from the end.
And with some DVD looking at th bonus-material first.
Also here.
The Menu says:
--Making-Of
Expect the usual procedure here.(Shot from the shooting etc.) An interesting, but minor part.
Some remarks about the Re-enactors and the associated scenes you may find especially interesting.
(The shooting of the Re-enactement scenes was done near Wallensen, --I think this has already been mentioned somewhere else
in this here forum)
Shall we call this a first, but minor cause for nitpicking ?
(Wasn't this an intercisa type helmet there ?! :roll: Hey, this rider seems to have used stirrups, didn't he ?!)
--Germanen und Archäologie / Germans & Archeology
Ein Gespräch mit Professor Michael Meyer/ An Interview with Professor Michael Meyer
Professor Meyer gives us a brief but precise statement on how this part of the Archeology evolved through the last few years
with a special "incline" on how he experienced his work in it. I think that this gives a good overview of the subject adressed.
Even if you know most of the facts, I'd rate this as thoroughly interesting.
--Römer und Archeologie/ Romans and Archeology
Ein Gespräch mit Professor Günther Moosbauer
An Interview with Professor Günther Moosbauer
Dr. Moosbauer therein muses about his fascination for the Roman Culture, how and why he became fascinated and
made it his profession. This also seemed a good introduction to the DVD to me.
Ahmm : now that's what I'd called a like-minded person . :wink:
--Trailer
Yes, more "Hollywood" ahhh Re-enactement in there per second of movie than in the whole broadcast
>"drumming for the business" ?!
Once you've seem the complete footage from the beginning, you may find this completely justified.
--Bildergalerie/Picture Gallery
Hey, according to your monitor or TV-Set: LARGE pics of the essential finds, at least from those of 2008/2009.
(You see size-relations, the appearance of the parts unrestired/restored, finer things like structures and engravings etc.)
Did I already mention that the core concept of the whole footage centers around the 2009 prospection/excavation and
the course of events that led to it !?
Yes, and with some additional pics from the Re-enactors you get another opportunity for nitpicking if you may. :mrgreen:
Forget that diddy in National Geographic Hermany, here you get more than the usual magazine format.
(Actually, as big as your monitor can show :wink: )
O.K. ---- the verdict.
The bonus-material contains a good measure of (partly) new informations and (shall we say ?!) gorgeous pics,
which some of us may consider as a good buying argument on their own.

Part 2 to follow as time allows.

Greez

Simplex
Siggi K.

Messages In This Thread
Da colorful "Harzhorn-DVD" - by Simplex - 09-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Re: Da colorful "Harzhorn-DVD" - by Simplex - 11-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Re: Da colorful "Harzhorn-DVD" - by Simplex - 12-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Re: Da colorful "Harzhorn-DVD" - by Simplex - 12-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Re: Da colorful "Harzhorn-DVD" - by Simplex - 03-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Re: Da colorful "Harzhorn-DVD" - by Simplex - 01-05-2012, 05:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK tonight on TV:- "Revealed: Boudicca\'s Treasures&quot Tarbicus 9 3,975 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus