Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Segmentata hinges
Ave Mummius,<br>
<br>
You seem to be close to Chester then? Are you in the Chester Guard? If so you must be fairly close to us.<br>
If you cant find the references let me know & I can email or snailmail something to you. (You havent got much contact info on your personal details). I dont recall seeing much in the way of fittings in the Grosvenor, or Dewa for that matter. Some further south of you in Caerleon though.<br>
<br>
If you've got to make lots of lorica hinges you're probably best making bog standard plain lobates, without any fancy holes in the middle & cheat - use a press if you can. I made all mine by hand, the hard way, (because I must be a masochist, or stupid, or just plain pedantic) but it's not worth it if you're into mass production.<br>
<br>
I think the very plain hinges you mentioned must have been the ones on the early Kalkriese.<br>
(you can see some on the webpage of my reconstruction on mysite.freeserve.com/kalkriese)<br>
These are simple, but DEFINITELY NOT right for a Corbridge A or B. I would also stick to the Corbridge A as well, as it will be simpler to make - less fittings to make, among other reasons.<br>
<br>
Dont know what time-scale you're working to, but if you have to get all of these done for the start of this years season, you've got a lot of grief on.<br>
<br>
Best of luck<br>
<br>
Claudia Crisis (H Travis)<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Messages In This Thread
Segmentata hinges - by Anonymous - 02-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Lorica hinges - by Matthew Amt - 02-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Lorica hinges - by Anonymous - 02-12-2004, 11:10 PM
lorica hinges - by Anonymous - 02-17-2004, 12:35 AM
lorica hinges - by Anonymous - 02-19-2004, 07:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inexpensive Die-Cut Lorica segmentata Lobate Hinges availabl Matt Lukes 8 3,593 08-23-2015, 12:42 AM
Last Post: mjursic
  Segmentata hinges: what function do they serve? lorica2011 10 2,951 07-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Titus Marius Secundus
  Segmentata hinges - is \'red brass\' ok? Flavius Promotus 8 2,925 02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Flavius Promotus