Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new project: Build a Roman town, for real!
Hi Jvrjenivs,

I don't actually want it to be a "park", I want a real town where people spend some length of time (weeks/months) before going back to their cars.

One of the main issues will be how to make their life comfortable without modern electronics and machines, so in some ways it will not be very realistic (for example, even the Plebs will always have good food, good housing, there will be good plumbing everywhere etc.), and a lot of festivals and other "fun" events will be organised to compensate for the missing modern entertainment.

As for safety and legal - this is the main problem I foresee. I think the best way to go about it will be to register the whole thing as a "members-only" club, so it will not be open to the general public. If you want to go there, you will have to become a member, agree to the rules and take the necessary responsibilities.

I have to admit the details are still murky, that's why I am trying to get as much feedback (and participation) as possible before anything "in the real world" is initiated.
www.romaiv.com - a Roman town in Australia? Why not?
Man saying it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it. (Chinese proverb)

Messages In This Thread
Re: A new project: Build a Roman town, for real! - by Pavel Kalinov - 06-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Re: A new project: Build a Roman town, for real! - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 06-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Re: A new project: Build a Roman town, for real! - by Tiberio - 06-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We want to build a Roman ship, Libourne Evgeny 26 6,323 04-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat