Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events that allow women portraying soldiers?
I think the major issue is what Crispus said above:
Quote:Most events are invitation only, meaning only the invited groups can take part and so any non-female policy an organiser might have will largely be seen to by the choice of the groups invited to take part. If the organiser does not wish to have women portraying soldiers, then he is likely only to invite groups who do not allow woman to portray soldiers, meaning that any policy which the organiser might hold will be invisible to most participants.
He who pays gives the orders.

And: I wasn´t joking, above. I´m really interested what you guys think of men portraying women roles. Do you see it differently from women portraying male roles?

@ Piotr:
Quote:And whence the assumption that women have to pretend to be men? I mean - hiding leg shapes, why not start using fake moustaches? We are not Roman soldiers, we are reenactors. We are XXc people wearing stuff that sort-of looks like what they wore 2k years ago. Experimental archeology can be done by men and women alike.
What does experimental archaeology have to do with this?
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Events that allow women portraying soldiers? - by caiusbeerquitius - 07-26-2011, 04:22 AM